How Much Do You Know About Your Toothbrush?
We use it every day (hopefully twice), but how much do you really know about your toothbrush?
Oprah Magazine and the Huffington Post recently teamed up to provide 5 interesting facts about the most important tool for your oral health.
1. Size matters. “You’ll know you’ve found the right size head if it can comfortably clean all the way around your last top molar.”
2. Rotation helps to reduce plaque and bacteria. According to Cochrane Collaboration, a healthcare nonprofit, “over a three-month period, round, rotating heads (which resemble the type used during professional cleanings) removed 11 percent more plaque than manual brushes.”
3. You should always choose soft or extra soft bristles.
4. Despite how great the ergonomics may feel in your hand, the type of handle has no effect whatsoever on the quality of the oral care your toothbrush provides.
5. You should replace your toothbrush every four months.