How Does Invisalign Work?
Invisalign enables you to receive straight and beautiful teeth without the pain and hassle of traditional metal braces. While the process is much more comfortable and easy to manage, we think you should know how the treatment works, step by step. As an Invisalign Elite Provider, we’ve performed this treatment numerous times and have seen amazing success with our patients.
Here’s how the Invisalign treatment works:
1. After we do a thorough examination, we’ll take impressions of your teeth. Impression trays are filled with impression material and then placed over your teeth. Once set, the impression trays are carefully removed.
2. Your impressions and dental records are sent to Invisalign. The impressions are used to create a digital model of your teeth, based on our treatment plan.
3. The Invisalign software plans the movement of your teeth from their current position to the final desired position. This allows you to see how your teeth may look after treatment.
4. Once you approve your 3D treatment plan, a series of nearly invisible aligners are custom made just for you. The aligners follow the stages of the treatment plan.
5. After you get the aligners, you place the aligners over your teeth, where they fit snugly. In addition to being nearly invisible, they are also very comfortable and can be removed for eating, drinking, and cleaning.
6. Every 2 weeks, you’ll switch to the next set of aligners. Each aligner moves your teeth stage by stage, little by little, resulting in a straight and healthy smile.
Watch the video below, created by Invisalign, to receive a better picture of the treatment process.
If you have any questions about whether Invisalign is right for you, or if you would like to schedule a free consultation, please contact our team or make an appointment. Our incredible staff will give you the best dental care possible.
Guide to Invisalign
Sign up for our FREE 5-part email course and learn how Invisalign works and how the treatment can help you achieve a straighter, beautiful smile in a more comfortable fashion.